Back again in June, we declared Arm64 Visual Studio 2022 application, the to start with model of Visible Studio that natively supports setting up and debugging Arm64 apps on Arm-based mostly processors. Now, we’re psyched to announce the extensions you produce, and use, are supported in Arm64 VS!
Including Arm64 aid to your new or present extension
Earning your extension Arm64-appropriate can be achieved in a few uncomplicated ways:
- In your extension remedy, update the VSSDK Develop Instruments package to the hottest version by using NuGet Deal Supervisor.
- In your VSIX manifest, add a ProductArchitecture tag specifying arm64 and make sure your Stipulations tag contains VS 2022.
- Underneath your project’s Houses > Create, set your create target to AnyCPU (or Arm64 if you want an Arm64-exceptional extension).
For extra facts on making your extension arm64-appropriate (especially for indigenous extensions), examine out the current documentation on migrating extensions.
Add your new extension variations on a one Marketplace entry
When you have updated your extension in VS, it is time to publish your Arm64 extension to the Marketplace! We are happy to announce that as an extension author, now you can publish your Arm64 extension alongside the amd64 (64-little bit) variation of your extension on a one Market entry.
In the browser-based Market, you have the option to down load the extension payload that is right for your CPU architecture. In Visible Studio’s Extension Manager, you will only see extensions compatible for VS instance.
How to post Visual Studio 2022 AMD64 and Arm64 extension payloads?
The extension add and publishing continues to be unchanged, whether you have currently released a Visual Studio 2022 extension or want to publish a new extension. Owning a solitary entry for many payloads will support extension authors to lessen the number of extensions they have to maintain for every single Visible Studio edition. If you are an extension user, this will enable you find the appropriate extension for their needs. To upload your Arm64 extension to an present extension entry:
- Go to the Deal with Publishers & Extensions page and simply click on Edit.
- Add the new payload. Make sure the new payload has exact same extension identifier, version, and distinctive target platform.
- Click on Upload and Save.
When the payload is validated and is scanned for viruses, you will observe that the extension’s entry site now offers various down load possibilities.
What is subsequent for Arm64 extensions?
As section of the extension consolidation energy, we want to allow extension authors to merge their individual, present extension listings for various VS versions into a solitary listing, which will further more strengthen extension discoverability.
If you’re an extender, be sure to share your feed-back on the Arm64 migration knowledge and if you’re an extension person, be on the lookout for your favourite extensions in Arm64 Visible Studio!